Specialists have exact statistics that can provide with a clear prognosis for patients after starting a type of treatment. Prognosis for mesothelioma cancer treatment are the same with the chances of survival of a patient.
Prognosis for mesothelioma treatment is a very relative issue, because most of the time doctors don't have the complete background of a patient, nevertheless, it gives patients an idea about how longer they can expect to live.
Prognosis for survival rates
Prognosis for mesothelioma treatment is also influenced by a number of factors:
- how far the disease has advanced (what stage it's in)
- how large the tumors are
- how much of the malignant tissue has been removed by surgery
- the type of mesothelioma
- the general health of the mesothelioma patient
Doctors say that most of their patients only survive one to three years after being diagnosed, but statistics of prognosis of mesothelioma treatment also show that patient being treated with chemotherapy tend to live longer than that, for about five years.
Mesothelioma treatment & prognosis
Over the past few years, mesothelioma treatment prognosis has improved because of new and more effective methods of mesothelioma treatment. These are some of the numbers:
- each year, in the United States 2500 to 4000 patients are diagnosed with mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos
- specialists believe that the number of diagnosed patients in the United States will grow in the future
- mesothelioma cancer takes anywhere from 15 to 50 years after infection to start evolving
- in the United States, over 8 million people have already been exposed to asbestos
- over 5000 products that contain asbestos are to be found around the world, today
- over half a million claims of asbestos exposure victims have been filed since today
In the end, mesothelioma treatment prognosis is still poor for patients that were already infected with the disease, so the only thing to do is avoid as much as possible being exposed to asbestos, and tell your employer that he needs to provide with the appropriate equipment, if he hasn't already done that.
Get prognosis for your treatment
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and are interested in any kind of help or need prognosis for mesothelioma treatment followed, contact asbestosis and mesothelioma centers, and we will help you find the appropriate cancer center for you, free of charge.